Still a good Tablet?

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting one of these for my kids to take to school and use for things in the classroom and scanning qr codes provided by the teacher. Is this still a good tablet? If I get it should I install Lollipop on it?

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
This is STILL one of the best tablets you can get overall and in my opinion the best 7" tablet. I would get it if i were you but stick on kit kat for a while. The tablet works flawlessly on kk

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen another 7-8" tablet that seems competitive. They are either significantly more money, or unimpressive specs, or loaded with bloatware. Disappointing they discontinued it, though you can still find them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
No doubt. I now own the N9 but my fiancee has my old N7 2013 and she's loving it! For the price alone, great buy.

J

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
No, not good....GREAT! Highly recommended! I just picked up the 2013 N7 in January to replace my 2012 that was crippled by Lollipop. Was a bit hesitant to install Lollipop on the new one at first but eventually did and it 's running perfectly. Best bang for the buck in the 7" size by far.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
No, not good....GREAT! Highly recommended! I just picked up the 2013 N7 in January to replace my 2012 that was crippled by Lollipop. Was a bit hesitant to install Lollipop on the new one at first but eventually did and it 's running perfectly. Best bang for the buck in the 7" size by far.

+1.

leonard land

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
It's still the only tablet I use, and I too am sticking with kit kat - if it ain't broke why fix it? - and I picked up a spare for $128 at that sale a couple of months ago, wehivh i never would have known about if it wasn't for this place and the excellent person on here who who posted it

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen another 7-8" tablet that seems competitive. They are either significantly more money, or unimpressive specs, or loaded with bloatware. Disappointing they discontinued it, though you can still find them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Amazon has had them over the last several weeks for $175 for the 16gb wifi version

tchocky77

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
The '13 N7 (Razor) is my only (for now) Android device. I'm an iOS chap for daily driving,...I got this because it was a sick deal and I wanted to see what Google-flavored Android was all about.You'll wanna put Lollipop on it when you take it out of the box. I swear L actually INCREASED this tablet's battery life. I saw some refurbished units on Amazon the other day for $150. Call me crazy, but I considered buying TWO of them, at that price, to keep stored until this one's battery dies.

This is a seriously great product. Just be careful when shopping online that you're not getting the first generation N7. My understanding is that that was NOT a great product. Or at least,...it kind of choked on the Kit-Kat update.

In terms of sheer utility, I still get more mileage from the iPad Air,...but for the money? The choice between this and an iPad mini is no choice at all. For sure. Get one.

Posted via the Android Central App

ohmslaw

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Just bought a 2013 today. Have a 2012 which I let get 5.0.2. Bad move. Now back to 4.4.4. Anyway I like the 7 so much I decided to get the 2013 for the improvements. Really enjoy the GPS. Great tablet.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Just bought a 2013 today. Have a 2012 which I let get 5.0.2. Bad move. Now back to 4.4.4. Anyway I like the 7 so much I decided to get the 2013 for the improvements. Really enjoy the GPS. Great tablet.

Hah, you did it, eh? It is a nice upgrade over the 1st Gen, don't you think? Did you take Lollipop on the new one?

ohmslaw

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hah, you did it, eh? It is a nice upgrade over the 1st Gen, don't you think? Did you take Lollipop on the new one?

Should get it today. I'm looking forward to it. I will not got near Lollipop until I pick through this (2013) forum more. Of course it is sitting on my 2012 just waiting for me to make a wrong move.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Should get it today. I'm looking forward to it. I will not got near Lollipop until I pick through this (2013) forum more. Of course it is sitting on my 2012 just waiting for me to make a wrong move.

I was hesitant to put it on my 2013 at first but after finding the Wugfresh Toolkit, I decided to give it a try knowing I could flash back to 4.4.4 if necessary. But no need as my 2013 is running great on 5.0.2. Sounds like 5.1 might be coming soon though. As far as your 2012, you can reduce the chances of accidentally taking the update if it's still showing up in your notification tray. Just pull the notification tray down, long press on the update notification, tap on app info, then uncheck show notifications. Anyways, hope you enjoy the 2013!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781