Battery usage with lollipop awful

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Since upgrading to lollipop, the battery usage on my Nexus has been awful. It can drop 60% in just 14 hours without even using it. Just sitting there. Any suggestions?

Doug

Posted via Android Central App

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
First charge on lollipop was eaten quickly. I think it was due to conversion of exciting apps to art.

In the end I just factory reset my unit.

Posted via the Android Central App

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, 2 days ago I decided to reset my device to factory conditions. But the battery drain is just awful. It doesn't last but about 24 hours, even just sitting there. My iPad sitting here can last several weeks if I'm not using it. But the Nexus won't even last a full day. The battery health appears to be good, so I think it's just something in the system.

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what's wrong with my Nexus since upgrading to a lollipop, but the battery life is just horrible. It won't even last a full 24 hours even just sitting there without using it. My iPad 2 on the other hand, can last 4 weeks just sitting there. I just plugged it in because it was down to 6% but its been 4 weeks. The Nexus battery life is just ridiculous!

RattleSnake506

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Thank you guys for posting this. I've had a similar problem from a while on 5.02. I even reset the device once after updating. Even though I keep "WiFi off when sleeping" setting on, it still continues to drain the battery and the major culprit is either Google play services or android OS. I don't know what I can do. I've turned off all possible syncs off. I hope 5.1 fixes this drain

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon