New Nexus 7 2013... continuous crashes and reboots :(

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I finally got my Nexus 7 2013 in the mail yesterday, but sadly I'm more disappointed than anything. All was working well for the first few hours, but then later it randomly keeps crashing and rebooting every few minutes. The tablet cannot go more than 5 minutes without crashing and rebooting, it's the worst I've ever seen on an Android device.

I did everything I could, I uninstalled all the apps, I put it into Safe Mode, I did a factory reset. Nothing helped, even in Safe Mode it still crashes and reboots. Even after a factory reset, during the setup it crashes and reboots.

I did more research, and turns out I'm not alone, this is a known problem with the 16 GB Nexus 7 2013 WiFi model. The funny thing is, I used to have a 32 GB Nexus 2013 7 WiFi, and I never had these random crashes. It's not a software glitch, it's a definite hardware failure. It doesn't matter what version of Android you're running or what apps you have installed, the 16 GB Nexus 7 is prone to crashing.

I'm not going to jump through hoops with Asus in trying to get this repaired, nor am I waiting for a refurbished one. I'm simply going to return it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a good idea. I would otherwise suggest reflashing the factory image, but it's probably not worth the effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781