Why are my video playback randomly having pixels/blocks throughout the whole video?

hasib923

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Problems With Video Playback

Greetings everyone!

I have a Nexus 7 [2013] which is having a lot of problems with video playback. When I play any video (whether it is streaming through youtube, vimeo, etc. or my own video files using MX Player) a lot of pixels/blocks just randomly start appearing throughout the video and distorts it. And recently youtube videos are unplayable because as soon as I start one video it immediately crashes my nexus and makes me restart. I've uninstalled all updates for youtube and cleared cache. I've done a wipe cache partition through recovery mode. I've even done a factory reset and still I've been getting the same problem. I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software problem. Videos are the only thing triggering these crashes. Any help would be appreciated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problems With Video Playback

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Developer Options, and go to the option that lets you choose between NuPlayer and AwesomePlayer. Try switching to whichever one you hadn't been using. If you don't have Developer Options visible, then go to Settings>About Tablet, and tap Build Version 7 times.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams