Icon to Folder

Soapm

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I am a minister and keep sermons on my google drive. I am using "Folder Synnc" to sync my google drive with a folder called "Sermons". I would now like to have an icon to that folder on my desktop so I can easily open the folder and have my sermons offline (in case the Church doesn't have WiFi).

I can I create an icon to folder Sermon and have it on my desktop?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First, to see them without wifi, you have to set the folder on Drive to be available locally.

Second, how you make a folder appear on the desktop depends on the launcher and other apps. Try long-pressing a blank area on the desktop, then choosing shortcuts. See if there's a folder shortcut there, or a file manager shortcut that can be set to open to a specific folder. (Root Browser can, but the tablet has to be rooted.)

Soapm

May 26, 2015
Visit site
No go, I get wallpaper, live wallpaper and photo as options...

I'm hoping to one day root this thing but one day at a time as I am new to Android...

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
As Rukbat said you need to save that drive folder locally. Then there's an easy way to create a shortcut on your homescreen. Download ES File Explorer, you won't need root access for now. Open ES and look for that folder, long press on it and tap on the three dots bottom right (more). A menu will pop up, scroll up and tap on "add to desktop". Done. That will create a shortcut for that folder or file.

Maybe you should create a shortcut for any file and then create a homescreen folder for all of them. This way when you tap on the file shortcut your sermon will open automatically, instead of going through ES.

Soapm

May 26, 2015
Visit site
As Rukbat said you need to save that drive folder locally. Then there's an easy way to create a shortcut on your homescreen. Download ES File Explorer, you won't need root access for now. Open ES and look for that folder, long press on it and tap on the three dots bottom right (more). A menu will pop up, scroll up and tap on "add to desktop". Done. That will create a shortcut for that folder or file.

Maybe you should create a shortcut for any file and then create a homescreen folder for all of them. This way when you tap on the file shortcut your sermon will open automatically, instead of going through ES.

That's perfect, I really like this ES Explorer, it's more than full featured, no adware (that I see), and it's free... Can't lose with that combination...

Thanks...

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That's perfect, I really like this ES Explorer, it's more than full featured, no adware (that I see), and it's free... Can't lose with that combination...

Thanks...

Glad it helped! Yes, ES is safe and powerful. Feel free to ask if you need any help with that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21