What is a good alternative to a Nexus 7?

kandtc

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Alternative to nexus 7

I had one of the first edition nexus 7 and had battery problems which had to be sent away twice, then the screen cracked out of warranty and I couldn't use it at all so bought a second edition nexus 7 and I have just broken that screen as well (also has been sent away for battery issues) I have had enough with the screen breaking easy (even with a leather case on) and battery issues.
I love the size of it and how it works but need something that won't keep breaking like it does.
Is there any suggestions on a new tablet like the nexus please?

Saeed Okoroji

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Alternative to nexus 7

If price is no objection look at the Dell Venue 8. Excellent build quality and performance

If price is a considerable factor try the Tesco Hudl 2.

Or Kindle Fire HDX

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

I'd like to know this as well. My Nexus 7 has the stuck on Google logo going on and nothing seems to fix it. I really love stock android. I'd consider the Dell but it is pricey. Never heard of the Tesco and don't think I could deal with the skin or limitations that come with a Kindle unless I'm wrong and there are no limitations.

Saeed Okoroji

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site

Tesco hudl is very close to stock Android. As for your nexus troubles have you used Nexus rootkit?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the reply and recommendations. I have tried the Nexus rootkit and others. My device was not rooted and gets stuck on unlocking the bootload and then erasing data. It never finishes. So, maybe there is something wrong with the memory on my Nexus. I'm really thinking about getting a Chromebook but still shopping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20