Bluetooth Car Stereo won't list directory of artists and albums

gkendall43

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Our 2015 Subaru Forester Bluetooth works fine with my iPhone, my wife's Galaxy S6 and our other Android phones. The stereo lists a directory of all the artists, albums and songs. From the car stereo you can pick what you want to play. With my Nexus 7 2013, it connects fine, plays songs fine and displays the song metadata fine. However, the car stereo does not have a list of artists, albums and songs I can use to select what I want to play. I have to start a music player on the tablet and start the music playing from the tablet. Both Play Music and Poweramp work the same.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get the car to see the directory of artists, albums and songs on the Nexus 7?

Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Darksurfr

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
might it have something to do with the bluetooth compatability?

your S6 has a couple more features for bluetooth then the Nexus 7 does
s6 = v4.1, A2DP, LE, apt-X
N7 = v4.0, A2DP, LE

Just a thought.

gkendall43

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
It certainly could be the lack of a Bluetooth feature or something missing on the N7. Can others see the directory of artists and songs on their car stereos with the N7?

Does anyone know the name of the Bluetooth feature that enables this?

gkendall43

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Well I think you nailed it. I did bunch of searching and I think it is the version of the Bluetooth AVRCP profile supported that controls this. I believe that AVRCP version 1.4 or above is required to support browsing of the media on the device. I think the Nexus 7 2013 only supports 1.3. Many Android OEMs have added 1.4 support but it looks like stock Android only supports 1.3 as far as I can tell. How disappointing!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta