How Much Battery Does It Use Roughly During Sleep?

Craigd81

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

How much battery does your Nexus 7 2013 (WiFi version) use when its been left to sleep for about 8 hours and with keep Wi-Fi on during sleep set to always and GPS on high accuracy?

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
GPS, if there's no app asking for location, uses almost no power.

How much power the tablet draws in a given amount of time depends on what apps are running in the background, and that caries by user.

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Since Android 5 my Nexus 2013 uses almost all the battery after 8 hours of sleeping. I never use it anymore. My old iPad 2 can sleep for weeks before needing a recharge.

doug

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Since Android 5 my Nexus 2013 uses almost all the battery after 8 hours of sleeping. I never use it anymore. My old iPad 2 can sleep for weeks before needing a recharge.

doug
My Nexus 7 2013 was the same way after the latest update. A factory data reset resolved that problem. My N7 sleeps for days now with barely any battery usage.

romiust

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I'll try this. My tablet dies after the few hours of non use after a recent update.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Doug, have you tried a system reset? I know it's a pain to have to set everything up again, but it might help. I had the same problem after upgrading to Kit Kat and stopped using the tablet. When Lollipop came out I decided to update to see if it helped with battery and it did a lot. I decided to do a system reset since I was on two updates without resetting and it really gave the battery a boost. The table with Lollipop now sips the battery whereas with Kit Kat it gulped power.

If you're not using your tablet you have nothing to lose trying the reset. Also do a system cache clear too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463