Why has my tablet Nexus 7, 2013 has suddenly stopped charging up?

A

AC Question

Why has my tablet Nexus 7, 2013 has suddenly stopped charging up

The device comes on showing only 3% battery power left, but will not recharge anymore. I have repeated the recommended steps on the Nexus website by about three times, but it didn't work. I have contacted Asus but was told that since the tablet was out of the warranty period by eight months, I had to pay them £45 for the shipping, and then the part and labour will be on the top. Can anyone help please.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why has my tablet Nexus 7, 2013 has suddenly stopped charging up

Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried a different charging cable/plug? If that doesn't help, then it might also be a faulty microUSB port (which would require a technician to replace, unless you want to try yourself--check YouTube for DIY videos).

ssenemosewa

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

This is the exact reason that I purchased a wireless charging pad immediately after buying my Nexus 7 2013. My last tablet died an untimely death due to constant plugging and unplugging. Those ports are too easily damaged and once they are, that's pretty much it.

If your port is damaged, you might be able to salvage the situation by using a wireless charger.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

The device comes on showing only 3% battery power left, but will not recharge anymore. I have repeated the recommended steps on the Nexus website by about three times, but it didn't work. I have contacted Asus but was told that since the tablet was out of the warranty period by eight months, I had to pay them £45 for the shipping, and then the part and labour will be on the top. Can anyone help please.

My Nexus 7 (2012) version had this issue and I had to buy a new battery on Ebay and pop it in. Very simple to do. However on my 2013 I had to bend the charging port with a tiny screwdriver so that it made contact at the point the metal meets together. I now only charge my 2013 on a Qi charging pad.