So far so good with marshmallow

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I installed marshmallow yesterday on my Nexus. There were no problems. So far so good.

It's my initial first impression that the huge battery drains which were occurring on previous versions of Android may be better. It only drained 1% overnight. So maybe I'll be able to actually use this device again! I'll let you know more later.

Doug

Posted via the Android Central App

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I installed marshmallow yesterday on my Nexus. There were no problems. So far so good.

It's my initial first impression that the huge battery drains which were occurring on previous versions of Android may be better. It only drained 1% overnight. So maybe I'll be able to actually use this device again! I'll let you know more later.

Doug

Posted via the Android Central App

Is it any quicker? Good to hear it's working out.

Bob Garon

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I'm loving it and my battery lasts about twice as long now. The Doze mode works exceptionally well. I have re-fallen in love with this tablet again.

Posted via my Nexus 5X

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately it’s turned into a battery drain-o-matic again. Dropping 25% or more just sitting there over the day. My old iPad 2 meanwhile dropped 0%. It’s amazing how poor the battery life is on this device. :(

doug

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately it’s turned into a battery drain-o-matic again. Dropping 25% or more just sitting there over the day. My old iPad 2 meanwhile dropped 0%. It’s amazing how poor the battery life is on this device. :(

doug

Try restarting the tablet? Sounds like something has gone wonky and is keeping Doze from kicking in.

lumei 920

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I am experiencing the same performance hit on battery. On lollipop, I only had to charge every 3-4 days with Greenify and turning sync/wifi on/off a set schedule. Now I have to charge it every other day on marshmallow and several times where the battery completely drained overnight.

Such a bummer, I was actually looking forward to the doze feature.

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
It's been a while since I posted. I haven't used my Nexus 7 for a while. It was just a big power drain. I was wondering - what's the latest version of Android to which we can upgrade now?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I charged up and turned on my Nexus 7 and went through all the upgrades including the August security update. It's been a couple of days now and not much batter drain. Just 2% sitting there after all the apps updated.

So that's pretty good that it's still supporting the latest version of Android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel