Screen broken with a pass code lock, need to get data from tablet. How can I do this?

oliver4888

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Screen broken with a pass code lock, need to get data from tablet.

Hi, need some help with this.

I have managed to break the screen on my Nexus 7 2013 tablet and I need some help as I am trying to get as much of the data off it as possible, primarily the photos, music and the downloads folder from it. The problem is that the screen is broken to the point that it does not function anymore (eg constantly black).

I can tell that the tablet is turned on and still functions (apart from the screen) as I can still hear the notifications whenever I receive an email and my windows 7 computer recognizes the tablet and I can view the battery percentage on the tablets properties window, however none of the files are being displayed.

I have both a windows 7 machine and a linux mint laptop so any suggestions for those os would be appreciated. The tablet is running the latest android version and is not rooted.

Would be grateful for any help,
Thanks

Update, getting one of my friends to replace the screen for me as he has experience with that, will update if this does not fix the issue.

Last edited:

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Screen broken with a pass code lock, need to get data from tablet.

Did you happen to have USB debugging enabled before this happened?