Nexus 7 2013 Screen Scratch Causing Touch Problems, What Should I Do?

terporiolefan

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 7 2013 Screen Scratch Causing Touch Problems

Somehow I scratched the screen on my Nexus 7 2013. I honestly have no clue how it happened. It's not deep at all, but it's making the tablet think I'm touching the screen when I'm not. I'm really surprised because the scratch is barely visable but has basically bricked the tablet.

I called around and got quotes of $125-$150 to fix the screen. I could basically get a new Nexus 7 2013 at that price, but I'm not interested in buying a Nexus 9 or any other tablet if there's a new Nexus tablet (possibly) coming out at I/O, but I really can't be without a working one for the work that I do.

So what should I do? Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're certain it's a scratch, and not a hairline crack (that might actually be under the main glass)?

Have you tried a screen protector?

terporiolefan

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's a surface scratch, though I could be wrong. Could a screen protector help fill it in after the fact making the touch screen stop registering pressure that's not there?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm not sure, since I've never had to try it myself. I was just wondering if a screen protector might help, acting like a kind of patch.

terporiolefan

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I tried these out, but sadly everything above the scratch still won't respond to touch. I'll just have to wait till the new Nexus tablet is released at I/O.

Jade jones

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Mine has got the airline fracture in the Same palace but mine is about 2 year old as people on the older post and just appear they saying its design and it as a lot of flex but I think its the heat corseing the fracture coz where the fracture is gets very warm the screen sending mine bk I think but the age of it they might just say its due to where and tear

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech