Nexus 7 2013 broken glass / LCD "couple of questions"

talktolee

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

Last night I was greeted by my son crying with his tablet which slipped out of his hand while coming down the steps and it must have landed on the right spot as it spider cracked the entire screen.

It turns on fine, the screen is cracked and the touch / swipe is totally hosed.

I am asking if someone can put it into plain English on what the components are needed to replace the (glass / LCD / "digitizer")

I spent some time last night reviewing and some sites we describing it as the glass, digitizer, lcd and the lengthy process of pulling pieces apart.

I think I need this piece...

In addition to the tool(s) and 2 sided tape?

on repairuniverse website I found the following package and I am wondering if that will be enough to fix all that I think is broken, the screen / glass and the touch / swipe

Google Nexus 7 2 (2nd Gen) LCD + Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement

Any info is appreciated on the best place to get the replacement parts and tools.

Thanks,

Lee

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I think that is what you need. The LCD display is bonded to the glass/digitizer so you probably don't want to mess with that separately. My dad just replaced his and said it works great, only a small mark on the edge from prying. There are some parts I saw that include a metal frame that looks like it might just screw in and be simpler though it was 50 vs around 30 for just the LCD with glass. Watch a few youtube videos of the process to get comfortable with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech