New DAC not hot pluggable, old DAC was

twistdinfinity

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
Nexus 7 2013 lte and WiFi model, Android 5.1.1 and timurs Kernal.

I've changed from a processor requiring a Coax spdif input to one requiring optical spdif in.

I was using a miniDSP MiniStreamer usb to Coax card and it worked perfectly, I could unplug and replug the dac or even put the tablet to sleep and rewake it and the android system would recognize and use the dac for all audio output.

I now have a hifimediy sabre u2 usb dac, and the only way to get it to work is to turn the tablet off, connect the dac, then turn the tablet on.

Except as soon as the dac is disconnected or I put the tablet to sleep and then replug the dac or wake the tablet it won't work and audio is played through the speakers.

In power event manager I can see the dac is still showing up and is recognized, but it's not being used.

I knew this was a problem for some back in kit kat but I thought lollipop solved most of this.

What about marshmallow, has that fixed these problems?

Anything else I can do?

twistdinfinity

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
It still baffles me why I needed this. Android 5.1.1 shouldn't be having issues with this, and I know heaps of people on the net who use the same dac no problems, even in 4.2 etc.

And timurs Kernal is supposed to make it work even better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance