Lock screen won't respond

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, something new has begun to happen on my Nexus 7 2013 with 6.01. When I turn the tablet on, the screen turns on, but it won't respond to my swipe. I have to turn it on and off several times until I can get it to respond to my touch. Sometimes I can get the camera to come on from the lock screen but it is dead to my touch. Any suggestions?

RHTizzy

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I was also getting all kinds of glitches lately but after cleaning the long ribbon connector inside on both ends, everything is like new again!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Any suggestions?
Sounds like a hardware problem but you should boot into Safe mode just to eliminate any 3rd party applications from the equation.

Have you tried turning it upside-down, or turning it in landscape orientation (obviously Auto-rotate needs to be turned on) to see if it'll unlock that way? Perhaps it's a particular area of the digitizer that's acting up.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a hardware problem but you should boot into Safe mode just to eliminate any 3rd party applications from the equation.

Have you tried turning it upside-down, or turning it in landscape orientation (obviously Auto-rotate needs to be turned on) to see if it'll unlock that way? Perhaps it's a particular area of the digitizer that's acting up.
Well I'm having problems with auto rotate also. I did not into safe mode and auto rotate worked. Right now the dead lock screen hasn't reappeared, but in the past I tried touching all over the screen and nothing. I did someone's suggestion of taking down the ribbon to the battery. Worked for a bit.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well if you're having problems with Auto rotate when you boot normally but not having a problem when you boot into Safe mode then you probably have a 3rd party application causing that issue. If you can repeat that reliably then it's time to start uninstalling apps.

Once you've isolated that issue you can focus on the login problem. Who knows, maybe they're both caused by the same app. (Of course, a problem with autorotation could be a hardware problem - the sensor may be flaking out.)

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I rebooted into safe mode and rebooted 2 more times and now I can't replicate either problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney