I have 2 Nexus 7 2013 tablets; one with a broken screen and digitizer, the other just doesn't boot

Robert on PC

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Okay, so this is very specific. I have two Nexus 7 2013 devices, both broken in different ways. One of them has a cracked screen and supposedly a broken digitizer as the screen doesn't work (let's call this Tablet A), the other one I'm not sure what's wrong with it (let's call it Tablet B.) I believe it doesn't charge because when plugged into the wall it doesn't even respond, and when turning it on it doesn't function. I tried transferring batteries between both the tablets, but that ended in the same result, Tablet A, with the cracked screen, had the 5 blinking indicator and then eventually booted. It also did this with the other battery originally in Tablet B which I thought was broken. But after doing the battery swap, the same thing happens with Tablet B, it just won't respond when I try to boot it. Is there a way to figure this out? I can't for the life of me think of a way to fix this, I thought about swapping screens but I want to check if it's the reason first. Thanks for your help!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You have nothing to lose by transferring the screen/digitizer from Tablet B to Tablet A - at the moment, neither tablet is working; if all hell were to break loose when you swapped the screen you'd still have no working tablet. But I doubt that all hell will break loose, and you may end up with one working tablet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance