Nexus 7 Bluetooth does not pair with phone automatically

mowienay

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
I use my Nexus 7 (2013, Android 6.0) as a car mount. It has been useful for navigation and multimedia. To have internet connectivity, I pair my tablet with my phone (iPhone or Blackberry Classic) via bluetooth.
I am facing an insignificant but tedious problem. When I enter my car, the Nexus does not pair automatically with my phone. I have to go to bluetooth settings and pair manually. I am wondering if this is by-design or if there is a way to make it pair automatically.
On a side note, is there anyway to flag a specific bluetooth connection as cellular/mobile data, the same way we can flag wifi hotspots?

P.S. I am not using Wifi hotspot to reduce energy consumption of both phone and tablet, and mainly because the poor iPhone sends the wifi-hotspot to sleep, if inactive for a while.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the phone also paired with the car's own media system, or with a Bluetooth headset? I'm just wondering something else might be competing for the Bluetooth connection.

mowienay

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your welcome message !!
Yes, the phone is connected to a bluetooth fm transmitter. Yet, when I later pair with the phone from my Nexus settings, the phone is paired to both fm transmitter and Nexus simultaneously.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to test, try forgetting the FM transmitter on the phone, and see if the phone starts connecting automatically with the tablet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress