Problem adding to music folder

parchping

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My 2013 Nexus 7 is stock, running Android 6.0.1

I want to add music files to the device. When connected via USB to my PC, the Music folder appears empty. On the Nexus side, using fx, I can see all of my music files fine. They play with no problems.

I can put a new folder in Music via PC by simply copying it there. Now the Music folder has this single folder (viewed on the PC). When viewed with fx, I don't find the folder.

Neutron finds the new folder in Music with no problem--it shows up as an album, great. It does not show up under an artist sort because the new folder is not placed under the Music/artist directory.

How do I add new music to my device into the correct artist folder?

Thanks,
Steve

parchping

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This morning I found that I can use fx two ways. The Home menu shows a Music/Audio icon, which is where the album cannot be copied. If instead I go to Main Storage/Music I can put the album where I want. I think I was doing it wrong.

It still would be nice if I could see all the subdirectories in Music when I'm looking from the PC, if anyone can shed light on this.

Thanks GSDer

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what your issue might be. I use MediaMonkey to sync between my PC and Nexus. I have to set my Nexus to "File Transfer" mode before this will work or enable me to see any of my directories from the PC, but once I do that, it seems to always work....

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams