KAYS Case review for Nexus 7

FormerIphoney

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I was one of the lucky ones who got their Nexus 7 tablets last Thursday from GameStop. I had been looking furiously for a case so it can be protected from the get go.

I take my tablet on the train ride into Manhattan every day and protection was an essence.
As you know, the Asus case is either not in production yet or it's.... "coming soon". So official cases aren't really available as of yet.

After some investigating, I came across Kays Cases on Amazon.
I thought it was just another re branded Kindle Fire case. I wrote an email to Kays regarding the matter and they responded immediately ensuring me if was specifically for the NEXUS 7. For $10 who wanted to argue?

I received the case today and I am pleasantly surprised. No its not real leather, I didn't expect it be.

Outside of that, everything is great. The fitment is dead on, the tablet is very secure, there is a magnet on the flap to hold it closed, there is a styles holder, the cutouts for the camera, volume, power, and micro usb plug are perfect and accessible.

The rear has a tab to hold it in a landscape view, very sturdily might I add. You can also fold it all the way back for a lower view.. Your preference.

Is it the best case out there? Probably not.. But for the price you can not complain.

Here is a link to the case on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GFHNEM/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01

Photos:

6c1d152c-c477-b3a0.jpg
6c1d152c-c484-42cb.jpg
6c1d152c-c48e-5a01.jpg
6c1d152c-c49e-ca7f.jpg
6c1d152c-c4a7-78a3.jpg
6c1d152c-c4b8-ffe6.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: zero neck

FormerIphoney

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
i have the kays case too. it is decent for the price and came with a magnet to turn it into a smart case but it doesnt really work. I could see myself buying a better case once they become available. But it is pretty decent, feels like a little note pad or a fake leather thing restaurants give you the bill in.

Amazon.com: KaysCase FlipStand Leather Case Cover for Google Nexus 7 inch Tablet Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, (Black): Electronics

I agree totally with you. Just like the restaurant bill holder, lol.
I will definitely pick up a better case in the future as well. For now, this will do.

I didn't mention the magnet "feature" bc it did not work and it was irrelevant.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Does look nice and thanks for your input on it. A review always helps me out. I put it in my Amazon shopping cart (pending only) but I'm looking for a case/keyboard combo. Anyone know of any?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wacky23