Speck Fit-Folio Now Available!

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
That does look pretty nice. It doesn't cover any of the screen bezel, is thin, and lets you prop the tablet up. Looks like a good option.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Like most cases of this type, any kind of right or left angled microUSB connector will bump the extra material included around the connector receptacle.

I suppose one could take a razorblade to it but who knows why they never actually use stuff with their cases before designing .....

TimeHunter

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the blue colored one. Liking it quite a bit. Was using a generic Belkin book cover style that was designed for the Fire with the straps on the corner approach. It fit well enough and added little bulk, and I could tuck my stylus in the spine, but there's nothing like fits well enough versus designed to fit. I can't tuck my stylus in this one, but I can live with that. My OTG cable is a straight style instead of an angle, so no problems there.

greggov

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone seeing any issues with these cases? I've gone through two already, both for the same reason. The piping/material on the top and bottom left corners (when the case is closed) started to crack and peel pretty badly. It's the place where the case bends. I personally don't think that was the best material for that part of the case as it doesn't seem to withstand to constant bending very well.

The first case this happened to within a day or two of using it. Sent it back to Speck for a refund and got another one, and now after a few days it's starting to develop the same issue. I see that this case is out of stock on the Speck site as supposedly they're redesigning it to be a universal case for the N7/N7 HSPA version. Perhaps I'll try again and see if the design changes at all because I really want to love this case as it's exactly what I'm looking for...I just don't think it should start to crack within a few days of use.

anon(1024093)

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Like most cases of this type, any kind of right or left angled microUSB connector will bump the extra material included around the connector receptacle.

I suppose one could take a razorblade to it but who knows why they never actually use stuff with their cases before designing .....
Why would they design it to use a cable that isn't like the original? :confused:

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone seeing any issues with these cases? I've gone through two already, both for the same reason. The piping/material on the top and bottom left corners (when the case is closed) started to crack and peel pretty badly. It's the place where the case bends. I personally don't think that was the best material for that part of the case as it doesn't seem to withstand to constant bending very well.

Do you happen to have photos?

greggov

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Do you happen to have photos?

I can take some and post them when I get home tonight since I haven't sent the second case back yet.

I also ordered a RooCase (the UltraSlim one) and I'm starting to see the same thing actually. Right on the corner it's starting to crack. I wonder if it's just one of the flaws with this "vegan leather" that everyone is using...