Nexus 7 "My Library" Not displaying album art

morrowkp1

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
So I am having an issue where the "My Library" page doesn't display album art for songs I imported from iTunes.

The album art shows when I play the song, but just the generic art shows in the my library which really bothers me.

I tried album art grabber and no luck.

Any ideas???

pokingmon

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
This has been an issue since the original Google Music app became available. My Galaxy S2 was having this problem when it was still on GB, and continued to have the problem even on ICS. I remember seeing somewhere on the innernets (probably on AC forums) that it was a known issue.

So yeah, not isolated to the N7. Seriously though, how long does it take to fix something like this? If it's been a known issue since last year you'd think something this small would have been addressed by now.

EDIT: To clarify, you'll notice that the "My Library" widget is just aggregating your content from movies/music/books/magazines, so when Google Music fails to display album art it's going to reflect that lack of album art on the My Library widget too. So it's not My Library's fault, it's the Music app messing up.

MartinYazz

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem too.
Ive just bought my Nexus 7 and have loaded the generic Google Music Player app.
My library under the "play music" widget/icon shows all the artwork so I dont think it is the music app thats messing it up

paulsalter

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the same, music app shows covers perfectly, my library widget just has generic covers

I think I read somewhere that it only works if you use google music (if its in googles cloud covers show), manually add music to device and no cover in the widget

Sarahmh0906

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I FOUND THE SOLUTION!
if you are wanting to access music from your itunes, and your album cover/art does not show under 'library' , i have found the solution. steps:
1- delete your music off of the google music player. (especially if you had hooked up your nexus and got your music onto your device via computer)
2-using your computer, go onto google's music website
3- search for "my music manager"
4- install (spam free/ safe, you will not regret installing)
5- link the program to your google account (email, plus, etc.)
6- the program will create a 'cloud;' where all of your content (pictures, music, videos, etc) will be stored.
7- 'run' the program and follow directions. it will take all itunes files and automaticly store them in your 'cloud'
8- wait patiently as your music is transfered (you can set it up so that all future itunes purchases will automaticly transfer to device)
9- access music on your device easily
10- album cover will now be shown in 'library' on home screen.
Problem solved :)

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Isn't that how most people get music on their device?

My only (time-consuming) solution is to go into the google music website, log into your acct, and manually add album art. Most of my albums have the artwork, but the resolution is TERRIBLE (clearly meant for a small device like an iPod), so I replaced images for albums I listened to the most.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
99% of my hundreds of albums kept the proper album art (looks good too)

the way ive dealt with the other 1% (only a few times ive done it) is to go into the album from the web (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....com/music/listen?u=0#start_pl&token=vv2RVQFN) and manually add a jpeg. takes only a few seconds before it will update on the device

as far as the main issue of widget performance, i haven't really found a way around it, other than reloading (like the above step) or rebooting the device, which always works.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
My only (time-consuming) solution is to go into the google music website, log into your acct, and manually add album art. Most of my albums have the artwork, but the resolution is TERRIBLE (clearly meant for a small device like an iPod), so I replaced images for albums I listened to the most.

This... and it's a real pain. I had to do it this way and still haven't finished. I normally use Zune player and I can get my album art from there. Works all fine and dandy there but when I uploaded my music to Google Music, it lost the connection with album art. Not to mention Google music botched up somehow and ALL my music that didn't have album art ended up with one of my Enya album covers *facepalm*

FiftyEight

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Isn't that how most people get music on their device?

Is there any other way to do this? I've tried using various VPN services to fake being in the US but none will work. It says Google Music isn't available in my territory (Canada) yet it came installed on my gnex...

test101010

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Solution
Clear the data from google play

First off, make sure that your albums are correctly labeled. If you don?t take this step, the others won?t matter.
Then, download a ?album art grabber? app from Google Play. Their are plenty of free ones out there.
Open the album art grabber, and ?grab? you?re album art covers (this can take quite some time).
After the app finds all your album art, go to Settings>Apps>All >Music.or Google Play Music
Hit the ?clear data? button. This will wipe out everything in your Google Music app (playlists, settings, etc).
Now, open up the music app.
It will scan your device for music, and this time it will find it with its related album artwork.

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Solution
Clear the data from google play

First off, make sure that your albums are correctly labeled. If you don?t take this step, the others won?t matter.
Then, download a ?album art grabber? app from Google Play. Their are plenty of free ones out there.
Open the album art grabber, and ?grab? you?re album art covers (this can take quite some time).
After the app finds all your album art, go to Settings>Apps>All >Music.or Google Play Music
Hit the ?clear data? button. This will wipe out everything in your Google Music app (playlists, settings, etc).
Now, open up the music app.
It will scan your device for music, and this time it will find it with its related album artwork.

This is the method I use as well whenever I add new music the art work never shows until I add it with album art grabber then clear the data from the Google play music app as test101010 described.

Patmurph123

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Am I missing something ? If I "clear data" , sure enough the album art is sorted out in the "Play Music" APP but the problem is with the "Play - My Library" WIDGET. This can fill a half-page or fuLl page on the home screen, but alas, no artwork, at least in my case. Any help appreciated.

John Ward2

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi MarkFL80, the 'grabber' app IS the answer! I am now downloading all my music from my library and any shortfall in album art work is now a thing of the past! Thanks for your excellent advice and instructions. John

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon01