NFC file transfer from gs3 to n7

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
When trying to send a video file from my Sammy sg3 via NFC/android beam to my n7, I get a screen showing me a new NFC tag but the file never comes over. Am I doing something wrong, or is the file going somewhere else other than my gallery? Any help would be appreciated.

cusinndzl

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried moving a video file from the Galaxy S III to the Nexus 7 yet but I have tried out beaming a YouTube video over.

First you'll want to make sure that NFC is enabled since for some reason it was disabled by default on the Verizon model. Go to settings, more settings, and then check the NFC box, also tap on Android beam and make sure it's on.

Then put the back of the Galaxy S III across the Nexus logo on the Nexus 7 and you should be able to tap to beam.

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yup, did all of those things. I can freely beam pics, vids, etc between my gs3 and my girlfriends, but not between my gs3 and n7. Appropriate settings have been adjusted to facilitate this. I just get the screen below.
3zwvp.png

dragemd

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem. I can transfer from Nexus 7>GSIII but not GSIII>Nexus 7. When I try GSIII>Nexus 7 it tells me to turn on S Beam on the GSIII and I get the same screen you posted on the Nexus 7. I feel like the problem is the GSIII understands Android Beam but doesn't speak it. If that makes sense.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Samsung uses its own version to transfer files using NFC (which doesn't actually use NFC but uses turns on bluetooth). Most places I've read that NFC does not transfer videos and files yet, update is supposed to becoming soon.

Ice

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
When trying to send a video file from my Sammy sg3 via NFC/android beam to my n7, I get a screen showing me a new NFC tag but the file never comes over. Am I doing something wrong, or is the file going somewhere else other than my gallery? Any help would be appreciated.

Download file expert. And u can send files using NFC. I couldn't send files to ,y n7 using my gnex. So I found that app. Also, you can't connect s beam to android beam. Has to be android beam to android beam. S beam is an s3 exclusive. So disable s beam and activate android beam.