Problem streaming video on Nexus 7

Ovanite

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey, trying to find a solution to a problem that has come up with my Nexus 7 tablet. I preordered my 16GB tablet and received it right around launch. At first I had no problem streaming HD content. I could view the free Transformers Movie and Youtube videos in HD with no stutter. Now a few weeks after receiving my tablet and adding additional apps I can no longer watch HD video without it buffering about every 5 seconds. The only way for me to view video is switching it to a lower resolution which looks absolutely horrible. Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, has anyone found a solution. My internet connection is good so I know it is not that. All other wireless devices stream fine. I would greatly appreciate any help with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

teralpar

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey, trying to find a solution to a problem that has come up with my Nexus 7 tablet. I preordered my 16GB tablet and received it right around launch. At first I had no problem streaming HD content. I could view the free Transformers Movie and Youtube videos in HD with no stutter. Now a few weeks after receiving my tablet and adding additional apps I can no longer watch HD video without it buffering about every 5 seconds. The only way for me to view video is switching it to a lower resolution which looks absolutely horrible. Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, has anyone found a solution. My internet connection is good so I know it is not that. All other wireless devices stream fine. I would greatly appreciate and help with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

I've ran into the same problem for the past few days, while watching HD videos on YouTube. Now I have to turn the HD off, and as you said the picture looks terrible when I do that. I tried searching for some sort of solution on Google's search engine but couldn't find any information. It would suck if we have to view HD videos in regular mode on an HD-capable tablet!

Ovanite

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else ran into this problem? Found an solution? Should I just reset the device back to factory settings or is there something else I can do?

wjfrye

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Having the same issue here. I can no longer watch YouTube without it buffering every 5 to 10 secs. I've had no luck finding an answer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

wjfrye

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have 7.12 GB available. And its not my WiFi, all other devices have no problem.

skesler89

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don't have a solution, but I do have the problem. Whenever I try to stream high quality video, I experience the pause for buffering. Sometimes it's so long I just give up. Source doesn't seem to matter. My other devices don't seem to have this problem, except occasionally. I also have a weak wifi signal on my N7 at my house, compared to my other devices. This may contribute to the problem. I'm looking forward to a firmware update that will address issues like these.

teralpar

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I have 10.95 GB space left, and a strong WiFi signal in my home, but I still have problems with HD watching videos on YouTube.

dsf7

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
It could be that the youtube servers/dns servers where nexus7/android tablets are directed are overloaded. A lot of youtube problems are due to server overload issues.

wjfrye

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I really need to find a solution to this issue. My top use of the Nexus 7 and all tablets for that matter is to watch streaming video, in particular YouTube.

wjfrye

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I called tech support about this and they were not aware of the issue. They had me clear data, clear cache and uninstall updates for the YouTube app. Still getting the same issue. This is so frustrating. I also have an iPad and it streams the same YouTube videos fine. They sent my ticket to 2nd level support. Hope to hear something soon.

bigike48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Same here. My internet connection is fine until I connect my nexus 7. The speed is cut drastically until I disconnect the Tablet. I had my isp out to verify the issue. It always slows to a crawl until I disconnect the nexus 7. 8 other devices work fine. Weird.

vanjangles

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as all of you. Videos used to play perfect and now any video is unwatchable. Between this and the debacle with the nfl fantasy app I'm really starting to get pissed because I use them both all the time on other devices with no problem. Wifi gets 16mb download it know it's not that. Very frustrating..

wjfrye

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I need everyone who is experiencing this issue to please call Google device support and report the issue. When I called they said it was not a known issue but if more people call maybe they will really look at it.

wjfrye

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I still have not heard from second level support and it's been 4 days now. I really want to use my nexus 7 to watch streaming video . I am still waiting will let you guys know if I hear anything

vanjangles

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Will definitely call tomorrow and report this. Getting really fed up at this point.

wjfrye

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Heres the number I called in case anyone needs it. 1-855-83-NEXUS (63987)

I was able to get right thru to tech support

wjfrye

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
OK guys I think I got it figured out. This was really bugging me becuz I didn't always have this problem when I first purchased the N7. So it had to be something I did or installed that was causing the issue. So after going thru all the apps I installed it finally dawned on me that flash is not suppose to be on here. Like all of you I side loaded flash on to my N7. So I removed it and eureka.... no more HD streaming issues. I can now play HD YouTube videos with no problems, no buffering at all. It's weird and I have no idea what flash has to do with the YouTube app but for some reason it doesn't like it.

Let me know if you guys loaded flash on our N7 and if removing it fixed ur issue.

vanjangles

May 25, 2011
Visit site
OK guys I think I got it figured out. This was really bugging me becuz I didn't always have this problem when I first purchased the N7. So it had to be something I did or installed that was causing the issue. So after going thru all the apps I installed it finally dawned on me that flash is not suppose to be on here. Like all of you I side loaded flash on to my N7. So I removed it and eureka.... no more HD streaming issues. I can now play HD YouTube videos with no problems, no buffering at all. It's weird and I have no idea what flash has to do with the YouTube app but for some reason it doesn't like it.

Let me know if you guys loaded flash on our N7 and if removing it fixed ur issue.

I did have flash installed, I un installed it but it didn't help. Did u reboot after or do anything else?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski