Who's swapping for the 3G N7?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
AC reported today that a 3g N7 was in the works and launching within weeks. Would you have purchased the wf-fi only N7 had you known a 3g version was coming out?

I tether to my GNex, but it kills the battery on my phone. I'm all for a 3g model. I think I would take it with me more with the 3g connectivity.

So who's going to get one?

Reactions: Ry

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Serious.... frack. Yes I would have gotten the 3g. I travel quite a bit so 3g would have been great. Hopefully the dimensions are the same so I can use the portenzo case I have on order.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Nope, don't need it. Wifi pretty much available in most places, even the camp site i usually go to. I can tether to my Rezound when that's not avaialble, and wouldn't be for extended periods anyway. I have an 8000maH portable charger that can recharge my N7 and my HTC Rezound twice from under 25% charge.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
tether from my Nexus phone to Nexus 7... why pay extra for 3g data when you can do it for free.
but i understand people needing the 3G.. but i dont think its for me.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
i can tether. besides, I don't really use my tablet away from wifi, and even if I did, having unlimited data, I'd have to switch plans AFAIK and there is zero chance of me doing that. regardless of the plan deals, I'm not willing to spend ANY more money, just to have an N7 on 3G, which is too slow for my liking, anyways. :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering picking up the N7 very soon, but I will be going the WIFI route. I want access on the move then I'll just tether to my phone.

Other than the addition of 3g radio they claim there is no other hardware changes/improvements so I wouldn't expect to be looking for any fixes to existing hardware/build complaints.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I tether from my Samsung Galaxy, and not that often because I have free wifi all around me, plus I don't need or want the added cost for a 3g data plan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
i can tether. besides, I don't really use my tablet away from wifi, and even if I did, having unlimited data, I'd have to switch plans AFAIK and there is zero chance of me doing that. regardless of the plan deals, I'm not willing to spend ANY more money, just to have an N7 on 3G, which is too slow for my liking, anyways. :)

Yeah, I forgot about the unlimited. I'm currently still unlimited on VZW. And the N7 being a media consumption device (for most people), I can see it going through a 2GB or 4GB plan in a week.

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I already feel that my $30 a month fee is going to waste (I don't travel much) no way would I pay yet another bill when I can tether.

Also, it will receive updates slower since it's carrier branded.

Reactions: rootbrain

jtaclas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
3G is nice, but not a necessity for me. I take the N7 almost everywhere and tether it to my Galaxy Nexus. Lets hope the premium for a 3g radio isn't that high for those who opt for it.

dsw1519

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Nope, don't need it. Wifi pretty much available in most places, even the camp site i usually go to. I can tether to my Rezound when that's not avaialble, and wouldn't be for extended periods anyway. I have an 8000maH portable charger that can recharge my N7 and my HTC Rezound twice from under 25% charge.

Agreed. I use FoxFi on my Droid 4, and my portable charger fits both the phone and the N7, but rarely need this set up because wifi is usually available.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I would totally go for a 3G version but only unless it was carrier unlocked like the Galaxy Nexus that Google sells right on their Play store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I already feel that my $30 a month fee is going to waste (I don't travel much) no way would I pay yet another bill when I can tether.

Also, it will receive updates slower since it's carrier branded.

Couldn't have said it better. Some carrier will have their filthy rights to it.

On another note, why would it only be 3g capable? Faster to tether to 4g connection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I would just tether with my GNEX. Plus I don't want Verizon messing around with my tablet too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969