Extra Sensitive Touch on 4.1.2?

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else been experiencing this? I can't even scroll through something without it being selected. This only just started after updating and want to see if I'm the only one.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else been experiencing this? I can't even scroll through something without it being selected. This only just started after updating and want to see if I'm the only one.

Would the touch and hold setting adjust that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Errola0

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I thought the exact same thing but then started to question myself because maybe I was just letting the idea of an update confuse me.

Scrolling the home screens after the update seemed way more sensitive, to the point that they would randomly skip a page as I swiped through them.

Stovicek

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been experiencing a random lag at times with 4.1.1 where after a few minutes the sensitivity of the screen seems very diminished or erratically slow to respond causing some things to register as a click that weren't meant to be. The only solution that I have that has always worked so far is to turn off the screen for a second. I'm hopeful that that goes away whenever 4.1.2 is pushed out to me.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been experiencing a random lag at times with 4.1.1 where after a few minutes the sensitivity of the screen seems very diminished or erratically slow to respond causing some things to register as a click that weren't meant to be. The only solution that I have that has always worked so far is to turn off the screen for a second. I'm hopeful that that goes away whenever 4.1.2 is pushed out to me.
trust me lot of those issues are fixed in 4.1.2

tweake23

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I use too have problems with the touch not picking up. Really sucked in games some times it got so bad I would have too shut screen off too fix it. Now after update it works awesome.I installed the ROM manually

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the update, either, but my first N7 had touchscreen issues with sensitivity the OTHER way - it wasn't registering all of them. My second N7 has been flawless...

Speaking of the update, I'm stock + rooted. Can I just install that 31MB update manually and not lose anything? My N7 still tells me it's up to date... I just can't seem to find anybody anywhere answering those two simple questions so far. Thanx in advance! (And please provide a link to the one you installed if you can...)

dnva75

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You can sideload the update with adb following the instructions linked to on one of the update posts and everything is left intact. A couple of notes to save you from frustration. you must be connected in picture mode for ADB to recognize your device. you also must enable developer mode. I also had a weird issue with Windows not recognizing my device in Recovery Mode even though I had the drivers installed. I gave up and loaded it from a friends MAC and everything went smoothly.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
It seems to happen randomly. Mostly noticing it on G+ opening articles and links whenever scrolling.

I was getting that before the 4.1.2 update - the screen would have "dead points" where it didn't seem to respond properly and sometimes a stroke would be mostly on "dead points", meaning it would only register a single touch and select something rather than sliding or doing whatever I asked it to. Swype was particularly problematic when this happened, because when I crossed a "dead point" it would take it as my raising my finger and placing it back down, so I would get a series of random letters instead of the word I wanted.

A quick turn off - turn on cycle of the screen would fix it.

So far, I haven't seen any of that behavior since 4.1.2, but then again I only used it for a few hours. But I'd expect to have seen a couple of issues in that time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC