Nexus 7 Battery Temperature Too Hot???
I noticed lately my Nexus 7 battery has been running very hot. It seems warmer to the touch now. I charged it overnight whilst turned off last night and this morning it was the hottest I ever experienced, I checked the battery temp and it was 99.9 Degrees Fahrenheit, I think it may have been higher but the counter does not go over 99.9. When idle it runs in the mid to high 80's, with light to medium use it runs in the 90's.
I have a battery App call Battery HD which has been great so far. Battery HD shows the battery temp as well as other useful things.
Please share what your average battery temp is and what your battery temp is after or whilst charging.
Any input would be appreciated, Thanks for your time
Last edited by android4life007; 09-13-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Typo-We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children.
- 09-13-2012, 11:05 AM #2
- 61 Posts
Re: Nexus 7 Battery Temperature Too Hot???
If it is indeed running at 99.9 C (212 F) then yes it would be of great concern. My phone (Evo 3D) can run fairly hot at times. If I am outside in direct sunlight and running a processor heavy app the phone will get to about 45 C (113 F). It is hot to the touch. I can't imagine you could touch the Nexus 7 for long, let alone hold it, if it was indeed reaching 99.9 C.
- 09-13-2012, 03:36 PM #4
Re: Nexus 7 Battery Temperature Too Hot???-We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children.
- By ehsaan in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 12Last Post: 08-12-2012, 10:51 PM
- By CaMelGuY1337 in forum Sprint Galaxy NexusReplies: 23Last Post: 06-16-2012, 09:04 AM
- By EvilMonkey in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 06-01-2011, 05:50 PM
- By hockeyplayr in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 10-23-2010, 02:13 AM
- By hachsa in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 06-07-2010, 12:19 PM