- 1 Posts
I'm locked out by the security app!
Hi! My Nexus 7 worked great for five days, but I have now been locked out of the device for just as many days. My Kaspersky security app worked fine, and then my pin number was suddenly not recognized. I double checked it. The app didn't seem to recognize the account all of a sudden. The short story is: Kaspersky has been no help at all, and neither has Google. I requested (automatically) a new password, but the one Kaspersky gives me doesn't work. I'm told that my email and/or password is not correct, and it doesn't matter if I copy & paste the email and password or if I type it! Is there a way to override the security app, even if it means wiping out everything I installed?
All I want is for the device to work properly!
Thanks in advance!
- 10-10-2012, 10:28 PM #2
- 1,024 Posts
Re: I'm locked out by the security app!
Factory reset. Instructions are on AndroidPolice for their "how to sideload the 4.1.2 update" just instead of sideloading from ADB, select the Factory Reset/wipe in Recovery.
And stay away from Kaspersky. Years ago I bought it, "a bargain," until I noticed that my bank's site and other web sites didn't load properly. 2 days of support calls to Kaspersky, and they rememberd that the app installed a certificate that had to be imported in Firefox and IE and Chrome to work properly. Nothing in the docs about it. Again, it took them 2 days to tell me this.
I'll never use them again.
- By ArkAngel06 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 10-29-2011, 02:18 PM
- By lovy in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 7Last Post: 03-18-2011, 10:56 AM
- By email@example.com in forum Barnes & Noble Nook ColorReplies: 6Last Post: 03-07-2011, 10:29 AM
- By awesomo4308 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 12-01-2010, 01:09 PM
- By sniffs in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 16Last Post: 07-02-2010, 11:12 AM