New Nexus 7 powering on issue...

hoosier4974

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Earlier today I had an issue trying to power up my Nexus 7....Here's a little background info leading up to this.....

I rooted my device this past Sunday without any apparent issues, everything seemed to go just fine. I backed up all my apps and data that same night using Titanium Backup, again no apparent problems. A handful of apps have been downloaded since that b/u, all from the Google play store. During the past few days, my device has been powered down a few times and restarted just fine.

Fast forward to today. I was using an app that I have used before a number of times and it stopped responding so I did a force close. Tried to restart the app a 2nd time and a stopped responding again so I decided to power cycle my device.
Here comes the issue....... I tried pressing the power button at least six times and the device was not restarting. It finally did after the 6th or 7th press. Is there some kind of time delay to restart the device?? Has anyone ever experienced this issue before?? Is my device doomed and dying?? By the way it only a few weeks old.

I don't want to freak out if this was just some kind of random glitch but wanted to run it by the community to check.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Sent from my fingers to your face.... BOOM!!

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the app is just not playing nice. Sometimes it may take some time for it to clear out after crashing. If it continuously happens, then it's time to start worrying. One time incident.. is a one time incident.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

hoosier4974

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the app is just not playing nice. Sometimes it may take some time for it to clear out after crashing. If it continuously happens, then it's time to start worrying. One time incident.. is a one time incident.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Yeah I'm not going to freak out until I have good reason to freak! It seems to be running just fine since I finally got it back on about 8 hours ago. Will see how it goes during the next power down and restart.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dimapb

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem and can't figure out if I need to return it while it's still under warranty. Same scenario as yours. Rooted. Shut it down. Takes 7 - 10 times to turn it back on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair