Google Play Error Solution [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
The solution to this problem:
Just go to settings and remove Ur Google account, make sure u know Ur username and password. Then open play store, it might force close a few times then should ask u to select account or something. Obviously select existing and than login no problems at all

If you have Android 4.3:
Hey, thanks! Your method didn't work at first. But creating a bogus Google account enabled me to remove my real Google account and then reactivate it, which solved the Play Store downloading problem! Apparently you can't remove a Google account if it's the only one on your device, at least that's the case with the Nexus 7 and Android 4.3. I was beginning to think I had ruined my N7 by clearing the data on the Google Services Framework app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

SenorPepe

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Play Error [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

Did u upgrade to 4.2? I upgraded about an hour ago and my apexlauncher and dolphin browser have been crashing ever since

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

Did u upgrade to 4.2? I upgraded about an hour ago and my apexlauncher and dolphin browser have been crashing ever since

Yes, this is why I decided to make a new thread.

Franzhose

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
AW: Google Play Error [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

I have the same problem on my nex7 but on jb 4.1.2, can't download any apps and no access to Google +...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Stinsonmaster

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: AW: Google Play Error [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

Same problem in Germany with Galaxy Nexus and Android 4.1.2!
I think it's a global Google Play problem.
Found a lot of this posts in different forums today.

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

I actually got it to work after removing my account, the one that had all the sync settings.

Last edited:

sasqautch396

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Just go to settings and remove Ur Google account, make sure u know Ur username and password. Then open play store, it might force close a few times then should ask u to select account or something. Obviously select existing and than login no problems at all

meyerjaw

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Was having the same issue with 4.1.2 on GSM GNexus. Removing account and adding it worked for me. Thanks guys.

kkeyte

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I've had the same with a Galaxy Nexus on 4.1.2. I think what caused it was my stopping the Google Services Framework and clearing the data so that I could do a proper, clean check to see if 4.2 was available (it wasn't) without doing a manual install.

I really didn't want to follow the guide above in deleting my account because it's the primary account and it would effectively reset the phone and mean a lot of work to get it back as it is.

I did fix it, however. What I did was the following:

- Create a new Google account with any name you choose. It's temporary, so pick anything
- Clear dada & cache for the Google Play Store
- Uninstall updates for Google Play Store, taking it back to the factory installed version (don't worry - you'll get the updates back)
- Start Google Play
- Select accounts and choose the new one you've just created
- Go to My Apps and pick (a free) one to update and update it. That should be successful
- Come out of Google Play
- Go into settings and delete the temporary Google account you just created
- Go back to Google Play and make sure that the account is set to your primary one
- Complete all updates

All should be well. But - it may be very different for you than it was for me. Anyway - this is all non-destructive, so it's easy and painless to try.

pstjmack

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

It's ridiculous that this should be happening, though. How important a part of Google's platform is Google Play? And how important a flagship device for Jelly Bean is the Nexus 7? And then to break Play Store access across the board with the JB update? Come on, guys: shame on you.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I've had the same with a Galaxy Nexus on 4.1.2. I think what caused it was my stopping the Google Services Framework and clearing the data so that I could do a proper, clean check to see if 4.2 was available (it wasn't) without doing a manual install.

This is exactly why this happens. People being impatient and clearing the services framework, this is your side effect...

mkramer5004

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site

It wasn't caused by stopping the services framework on my wife's N7. Hers is completely stock and she had the same problem. I did the delete account and re-added her Google account. This fixed the problem so far. I am sure Google is working on a fix.

dskelly

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

The problem was NOT across the board, there are instances of this happening, but I'm betting that the users had done something else in (task killer, removing required services, etc.) that have actually cause the problem.

My N7 is at 4.2 and I've had zero problems with the any of the functionality.

It's ridiculous that this should be happening, though. How important a part of Google's platform is Google Play? And how important a flagship device for Jelly Bean is the Nexus 7? And then to break Play Store access across the board with the JB update? Come on, guys: shame on you.

pstjmack

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

IAll should be well. But - it may be very different for you than it was for me. Anyway - this is all non-destructive, so it's easy and painless to try.

I tried this, and it didn't work. The only step I missed was rewinding Google Play Store to factory setting - couldn't see anything in Settings to remove the updates. Still had the same download problem in my new temporary account as in my old one.

Jackie222

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue. I have opened the Playstore, click Help, browser will open. Click Android apps, Troubleshoot an issue, then click Troubleshoot a download issue. I did all of the steps then restarted my Nexus 7 so, I don't know which process actually fixed it but it's fixed non the less. I hope this helps you guys.

My problem started after I cleared the framework.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick Baudoin

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

FIRST POST! I joined this community hopefully to get some advice. Thanks in advance for any help I get.

I would like to add to the discussion about the error mentioned by the OP. I just updated to SlimBean 3.0 on my Galaxy SII 1777 (ATT) which uses 4.1.2. I believe this is the first version of SlimBean using 4.1.2. I was having another unrelated issue so I decided to do a complete wipe. So, when I tried to reinstall my apps, I had the same problem as the OP. I then added a secondary Google account (as per kkeyte's advice) and I was able to update the system apps included in the MOD along with adding another uninstalled app. When I switched back to my primary account, I was able to once again install apps from my phone. It worked! Not sure what's the explanation for this, but thanks for the tip.

To my displeasure, though, when I logged onto the Google play website (play.google.com), the website is correctly identifying the apps I currently have installed, however, I am not able to install any new apps from the website directly. It believes that any new app I try to install is not compatible with my device. If anyone has any idea what's going on and/or has any advice on how to fix this problem, I'd be very appreciative.

Patricia Startz

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have an Asus Prime- it quit processing updates on Nov. 15th. It is still on android 4.1.1. I also have a Nexxus 7 - it was giving the same error and it is on 4.2. I tried the suggestions from an old article, stopping google play, google services, google updates and downloads, and erasing the data and/or cache. Saw 0.00 in all size areas of each. That did not work. I tried downloading a new app and updating an existing app. Same error. In the processing of testing several Android devices....they all have the same issue.

This is happening on all of my android devices. A Nexxus 7, Sus prime TF201, TF301, TF700... I tried the troubleshooting suggestion, it says it has to work with google talk...well folds I did not have google talk previously installed and guess what... it won't download...If you wanted to give Apple a HUGE bonus for Christmas.... YOU JUST did...

Last edited by a moderator:

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

Guys, this guy has got the solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt