| || |
Is there any reason why I shouldn't take it back for a refund?
I got an S3 back in July, love it and completely see what the Android thing is all about. It beat my iPhone in just about every department.
My iPad had a fault last week, and was replaced as new under warranty. A good time to sell it and move into the Android tablet world, I thought.
Sold my iPad 2 for £295 and picked up a Nexus 7, T3 Magazine Gadget of the Year, Stuff Magazine tablet of the year etc. What could possibly be bad about it.
Well, having played with it for a couple of days, Iím really, really disappointed by it.
I used my iPad for reading newspapers (Telegraph & Guardian), watching Sky Go, watching iPlayer and other TV shows either via 4od or iTunes paid for stuff.
I canít do any of those on the Nexus 7. I donít quite know what to use it for now!? Itís basically just a big wifi only version of the S3, just with less apps. The newspaper 'readers' like Google Currents and Pulse are crap, and dont have 90% of the content or functionality you get from an iPad app.
Think Iím going to take it back and get a refund, but if the below questions have positive answers I may reconsider:
- Is there an Apple Newsstand rivalling newspaper & magazine hosting app on the horizon? Itís incredibly useful when they days newspapers are automatically downloaded to the tablet at 5am ready for the commute.
- Sky Go, iPlayer, 4od Ė none of these seem to be compatible on 7Ē running android 4.2, why not?
- Downloading tv shows. In the UK there seems to be a licence issue where itís impossible to download TV shows, either via Google Play, or Netflix or any other app. When is this going to change?
- Hardly any apps seem to be optimised for 7". Everything seems stretched, has huge empty spaces or has crap resolution images. It's awful.
- One more thing that's really bloody annoying. Rearranged my homescreens, deleted the unnecessary nonsense that they put on there and now have a screen with apps and a screen with widgets - and THREE EMPTY SCREENS THAT I CANT DELETE! Apparently the only way to get rid is to download a launcher like Nova. Firstly that's ridiculous, secondly I tried one on my S3 and it just made everything look , so not keen to do it again! Really annoying.
Really disappointed that Iím disappointed, but I am. Love Jelly Bean and the look & feel of the device, just canít use it for anything!!
Any reason I shouldn't take it back and get an iPad mini? Hate Apple but can't make myself like this massively inferior product! I know it's half the price, but it has about 20% of the use!