Using my tablet... as a tablet?
After completing NaNoWriMo, I got myself a 32gb Nexus 7 (had a 32gb Touchpad with CM9... but sold it to help pay for the N7). So far, I'm loving it! Can't wait for the official dock...
Anyway, my question is this: can I use my N7 as a touch input device for my computer? I would like to load up Photoshop on my computer, and use the N7 as my input device. I know I can use universal remote, but is there anything that works with PS well?
Also, how's the android version of Photoshop?
Thank you for your help! I'm sure to have many more questions in the future.
- 12-05-2012, 10:48 PM #2
- 73 Posts
Re: Using my tablet... as a tablet?
Would be cool, but I doubt that any app could do that. Sure can they display your screen and send input back, but for PS you'd probably like to use features like preasure from the pen. Well, I doubt that a touchscreen supports that, unless it costs more than a Nexus 7 itself!
Don't let drawing apps fool you, they calculate pressure on how much of your finger is on the screen. The more pressure, the more your fingers skin is on it. Won't work with a Stylus pen, unless it has a wheel on it that regulates that, or something like that. I think some pens would probably support that, e.g. by calculating the pressure itself and send that info to the device, but that has to be supported by both, your tablet and the app.
- 12-06-2012, 12:12 AM #3
- By hs1115 in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 05-24-2011, 03:57 PM
- By spooksmcgee in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 9Last Post: 11-26-2010, 05:29 PM
- By johnssm in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 11-11-2010, 08:01 PM
- By whitenack in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 07-05-2010, 10:03 PM
- By bclasen in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 16Last Post: 05-06-2010, 07:35 PM