- 3 Posts
Nexus Noob needs some help!
Hi everyone, I'm a noobie here and I need some help. I just bought a Nexus 7. I've been using an HTC Incredible phone for about 2 years so I'm familiar with Android. One difference I've noticed is that on my phone I have a "menu" selection. On most applications if you press "menu" some selections like settings, about, etc. will pop up. I don't see a menu selection on the Nexus. Is there a way to get to the menu selections in the apps? What am I missing here?
I've been reading the Blue manual that's included with the Nexus. I wish it had an index. If it has one I can't find it. Another annoyance is that the page scroll slider comes up when you first open the book and then disappears. Is there a way to bring it back up so you don't have to go page by page to move around the book?
Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.
- 12-07-2012, 07:59 PM #2
- 12-07-2012, 08:43 PM #3
- 12-07-2012, 09:27 PM #4
Re: Nexus Noob needs some help!
In Android, whenever a menu or tools disappear from the screen, they typically come back if you tap the screen once. This is the case with Google Play Books.
As mentioned above, the menu button looks like 3 vertical dots. It only shows up when there is a menu to bring up, so if you don't see it, there aren't any menu options. Remember, though, that if an app has a menu button, it may disappear like with Play Books. Just tap the screen once to bring it back.
- By chrisdazzo in forum Wallpapers, Ringtones, and ThemesReplies: 4Last Post: 02-08-2010, 04:48 PM
- By AAFD in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 5Last Post: 01-10-2010, 08:12 PM
- By jbg21 in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 0Last Post: 01-03-2010, 07:40 PM
- By medroid in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 8Last Post: 12-07-2009, 01:01 AM
- By wolfhound89 in forum HTC HeroReplies: 10Last Post: 11-21-2009, 05:04 PM