- 14 Posts
a question came into my head today, so I thought I'd ask. I got the OTG cable the other day, along with the Media Importer app, and am very happy with it, for taking extra music and movies when I'm on the road. My question is, why a cable? Couldn't they just make an adapter plug type thing, mini USB plug on one end and regular USB socket on the other, total length maybe 1.5 to 2 inches, as opposed to the cable which is around 3.5 to 4 inches. Dumb question? I figure if I don't ask I won't learn.
- 12-11-2012, 04:33 PM #2
- 12-11-2012, 04:34 PM #3
- 21 Posts
Re: OTG Query<Insert creative signature here>
- 12-11-2012, 07:40 PM #4
- 12-11-2012, 10:01 PM #5
- 788 Posts
- 12-12-2012, 02:01 AM #6
- 525 Posts
Re: OTG Query
Yeh, it's a problem regardless since we are forced to overuse the single microUSB for every thing, charging, data transfer to PC, flash memory, hard drives, keyboard, hub, whatever.
As it is, my number one concern is to not have to lug a lot of extra bulk and weight. The adapters hang out there but I only use them when I have the N7 in tilted up landscape like for movie mode,
Would be nice to finally see something REALLY tiny - some people are working on it.... as well as the docking station using the pogo pins for charging and perhaps more.
- By Arindroid in forum Other Sony Android PhonesReplies: 2Last Post: 01-28-2013, 12:31 PM
- By milominderbinder in forum Samsung Galaxy S IIReplies: 2Last Post: 05-11-2011, 06:24 PM
- By Loop1 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 10-04-2010, 07:42 AM
- By hodie63 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 09-06-2010, 01:15 AM
- By Bitterjay in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 66Last Post: 07-13-2010, 07:08 PM