- 227 Posts
Work - WiFi - browser authentication problem
I got my tablet a few days ago and I am really only having one problem with it.
My WiFi at work uses 802.1x EAP security to connect with a required username/password. Once connected, the first time you open the browser, it prompts you to enter a username/password again.
I can connect just fine on my desktop but on my N7, it is very hit and miss. Often times it is not even giving me the box to enter the username/password and it just goes right to the not authorized page.
Has anyone experienced issues with a double authentication process on networks and figured out a way to fix it?
I am running the stock ROM, unrooted, and fully updated.
edit: I have tried forgetting the network, readding, toggling wifi on/off, etc. Nothing seems to trigger this additional authentication again.
- 12-13-2012, 09:59 AM #2
- 165 Posts
Re: Work - WiFi - browser authentication problem
This is a common issue with Mobile devices on a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) wifi network. We have been experiencing the same problem at my work where we have to log in to our BYOD using our Microsoft Server Active Directory password. It is happening regardless of the type of device (My Galaxy S3, Neighbor's Iphone, etc.,). Thanks for posting this. Now that I know that it is not just our BYOD wifi, I will look into it further.
One thing that I have found that works occasionally is to actually paste the authentication url (from browser history) into my mobile browser and login again.
EDIT: What mobile browser are you using?
- By winglmui in forum Google Nexus 7 TabletReplies: 0Last Post: 11-08-2012, 09:18 PM
- By SteveLA in forum AT&T Galaxy NoteReplies: 3Last Post: 03-15-2012, 07:20 AM
- By Stang68 in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 36Last Post: 07-18-2010, 04:32 PM
- By luckydwg in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 07-07-2010, 02:16 PM
- By defininmoment#ac in forum Samsung MomentReplies: 0Last Post: 05-26-2010, 12:10 PM