- 4 Posts
Using N7 AS a Bluetooth Speakerphone
Hi all -
As I was considering in general whether to buy a tablet -- and, in particular, the Nexus 7 -- my car GPS croaked. Since a good GPS with large screen and built-in Bluetooth speakerphone costs as much as (or more than) the N7, I decided to buy the tablet. Much of my use of the device will be in my truck anyhow for taking notes on customers, so using it also as a GPS makes sense for me.
I've installed CoPilot to get navigation capabilities. Now I want to know if I can use the N7 as a Bluetooth speakerphone for my cellphone.
I know there are Bluetooth speakers FOR the N7 -- what I want is for the N7 to BE a Bluetooth speaker for my phone.
I want the N7 itself to act as speakerphone for my Verizon cellphone so I can make and receive calls handsfree.
I am NOT looking for solutions that require me to be connected via WiFi. I do NOT have a cellular-enabled version of the N7.
Thanks in advance for any info on this.
- 12-16-2012, 08:24 AM #2
- 4 Posts
Re: Using N7 AS a Bluetooth Speakerphone
Yeah, I've wondered about the volume myself. I'll probably just end up buying a dedicated Bluetooth speakerphone for the truck, but I've had lousy luck with them in the past. I did see one mentioned somewhere (possibly this forum) called the JABRA Freeway that looks really good, but it's another $100 or so (and, in my case, money IS an object).
- By Nychotxxx in forum Google Nexus 7 TabletReplies: 13Last Post: 08-20-2012, 02:24 PM
- By thirsty1258 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 0Last Post: 03-05-2012, 08:43 PM
- By meany105 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 12-14-2011, 05:30 PM
- By Saphira in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 04-04-2011, 01:33 PM
- By cr3amy in forum Motorola XoomReplies: 8Last Post: 03-01-2011, 10:01 AM