- 1 Posts
Nexus 7 Boot Loop after installing custom ROM
I recently decided to take advantage of my rooted Nexus 7 by purchasing the Franco Kernel Updater to keep my kernel up to date automatically. I then followed up by installing Rasbean Jelly using the ROM Manager app (free not paid). Now I'm wondering if an error occurred while installing the ROM since it appears that I was supposed to have the Pro version to be able to install a ROM from the app, but I'm not sure.
Anyway, the result of the above actions are that my custom boot animation won't move beyond this screen (I believe this is a boot loop). I tried sideloading the stock 4.2.1 ROM, but after reaching 100% it aborted installation. I have also tried restoring from an existing backup, but I receive an MD5 mismatch error.
Please help. I really hope I didn't dead brick my Nexus 7 by trying to improve it.
- By dmillerw in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 06-15-2012, 04:25 PM
- By wallyweaver in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 7Last Post: 12-18-2011, 11:39 PM
- By datroyenschwartz in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 0Last Post: 09-10-2011, 10:01 AM
- By kentusmc in forum Google Nexus One Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 16Last Post: 03-24-2011, 09:49 AM
- By Jeremy in forum Google Nexus One Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 03-01-2010, 10:10 AM