- 10 Posts
How do I Backup saved games?
OK, Android newbie here again with another stupid dumbass question that will be so obvious why am I asking ha ha.
I'm considering a factory reset and hopefully my machine will then update successfully to 4.1.2.
I've downloaded a few games, jetpack joyride being one of them and "Hill Climb Racing another.
I want to save my "Saved Games" i.e. my current progress in the games so I don't have to go through all the levels when I reset and reinstall them.
Can I do this? I've got Astro File Manager - is it as simple as copying out a folder then copying it back after the factory reset?
If so, which folder please - I'm guessing the SD Card folder. If it's not as simple as that please let me know, and try to keep away from the tecchie talk 'cos I'm over 50 and British LoL I'm a whiz on PCs by the way - just these android thingies and linux
Thanks in advance.
- 12-18-2012, 08:41 PM #2
- 45 Posts
Re: How do I Backup saved games?
First of all, it's not a stupid question... Unless a specific game has a backup feature built in, the only way I know of doing this is to root your device and use Titanium backup. This is one of the reasons I pretty much stopped playing games about a year and a half ago. It was extremely frustrating losing my game progress whenever I got a replacement phone or upgraded.
I haven't had much time for playing games lately and maybe something has changed in the past year or so...
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
- By Dave Blake in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2010, 07:51 AM
- By DocPeanut in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 06-06-2010, 10:48 PM
- By krisrock in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 04-20-2010, 01:35 AM
- By edwinc8811 in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 11Last Post: 04-19-2010, 07:32 PM
- By zeravla531 in forum HTC HeroReplies: 7Last Post: 10-16-2009, 09:45 AM