- 1 Posts
Apps running in background
I got a nexus 7 for Christmas and so far its been great and this forum has been very helpful. I have the advanced task killer app downloaded and when I open it and close all the apps I can go back into it a few minutes later without opening any other apps and there's a list of apps that have opened and are running. Is there a way to stop this?
- 12-30-2012, 11:49 AM #2
- 303 Posts
Re: Apps running in background
The Android system operates this way naturally. It works on the principal that a mb of RAM that is empty uses roughly the same amount of power as a mb of RAM that is full. This is what the use of task killers on any newer version of Android is so debated amongst users. I wouldn't be concerned unless the apps that come back up consume all or most of the memory available (you should always have at least roughly 50mb available).
Sent from my XT912 using Android Central Forums
- 12-30-2012, 01:50 PM #3
- By madden57 in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichReplies: 1Last Post: 09-23-2012, 09:17 AM
- By tscharf in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 10-14-2011, 05:41 PM
- By Primetimeplaya in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 08-25-2010, 08:29 AM
- By cgravsha in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 13Last Post: 01-24-2010, 08:56 PM
- By joek71#ac in forum HTC HeroReplies: 13Last Post: 10-22-2009, 08:21 PM