- 2 Posts
What are the standard Nexus 7 keyboard and speech-to-text translator called?
Can you tell me:
1. What is the name of the keyboard that comes standard with the Nexus 7?
2. What is the name of the speech-to-text tool that is part of (or accessible from) this keyboard?
I'm asking because I have some questions about this keyboard and this speech-to-text facility, and since there seem to be a lot of keyboards and speech translators discussed in these forums, I want to be clear about which ones my questions are about.
~ Thanks, Ken
- 01-02-2013, 10:04 PM #2
- 2 Posts
Re: What are the standard Nexus 7 keyboard and speech-to-text translator called?
Thanks! That's what I needed.
...oh, one more nit: When I go to "settings-->Language and input", the translator is named as "Google voice typing" rather than "Google text-To-Speech engine for Android". Are these names referring to the same thing? If so, is one of these names the official, or most widely used, one? If they are different things, which one is the one that does speech-to-text when I do spoken input into an app like Evernote on my N7?
- 01-03-2013, 12:10 PM #4
- 4,144 Posts
- By Storm_y0 in forum Nexus 7 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 12Last Post: 05-05-2013, 06:40 AM
- By ItsaRaid in forum AT&T Galaxy Note 2Replies: 26Last Post: 04-14-2013, 09:43 AM
- By Carol00Clark in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 2Last Post: 09-03-2010, 08:19 AM
- By CoryBantic in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 11Last Post: 07-12-2010, 01:32 PM
- By pvk2009 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 9Last Post: 11-05-2009, 09:03 PM