- 6 Posts
Brand new nexus 7 won't setup wifi
Well I finally made the plunge....into disappointment. When I turn on the device, it shows my home wifi network. So far so good. I enter the password, so far so good. When I choose "automatic setup WPS" it asks me to press the WPS button on my router, which does nothing. On the list of networks, my home network either says "disabled", "not in range" or "saved, secured with WEP". When I try to connect, nothing happens. Is this unit defective? or am I missing something? By the way my laptop works just fine on the wifi, so the router isn't the problem.
- 02-06-2013, 04:13 PM #2
- 2,536 Posts
Re: Brand new nexus 7 won't setup wifi
Have you tried connecting without using the automatic WPS setup? Can you just enter a password instead?
Another thing to try is to power down and then power up your main router. Sometimes if I'm trying to connect a new device to my network, it sees the network but can't connect until I reset the router.
- By Oukachiru in forum Google Nexus 7 TabletReplies: 4Last Post: 01-31-2013, 05:03 PM
- By zeke013 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 13Last Post: 04-18-2012, 09:31 PM
- By jimmycinla in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 3Last Post: 11-14-2011, 08:30 PM
- By tewest86 in forum AT&T Samsung InfuseReplies: 3Last Post: 09-19-2011, 07:54 PM
- By Gracon in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 5Last Post: 07-21-2011, 01:26 AM