Nexus 9 Specs

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Source: Nexus 9 specs | Android Central

Following are complete specs for the new Nexus 9, and 8.9-inch Android 5.0 Lollipop tablet from HTC and Google.
Size8.9 x 6.05 x 0.31 inches
WeightWifi version 425 grams, LTE version 436 grams
Display8.9 inches (2048 x 1536), 4:3 aspect ratio
ProcessorNVIDIA Tegra K1 64-bit dual-core processor at 2.3 GHz
LTE model uses Qualcomm MDM9625M modem
Operating systemAndroid 5.0 Lollipop
Memory16GB and 32GB for Wifi-only, 32GB for LTE
RAM2GB DDR3
NetworkHSPA+/LTE
Connectivity3.5 mm stereo audio jack, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, Wifi 802.11ac, Chromecast
Camera8MP rear with BSI, f/2.4, 1080p video
1.6MP front, BSI, 720p video
SoundFront-facing BoomSound speakers
Battery6,700 mAh Li-polymer
AccessoriesKeyboard Folio, cover

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Wish it had an SD card slot but besides that I'm pretty satisfied with the specs, defiantly going to get the 32 GB one since my Nexus 7, 2012 is getting pretty slow.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Let's keep in mind to that this is the ONLY device that can take advantage of 64 bit offerings in Android 5.0 thanks to the Nvidia Tegra K1 64-bit.

Everything else to date and that has been promised to update to Lollipop will be running in 32 bit mode.

Posted via the Android Central App

gkendall43

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if it has Qi wireless charging. I haven't seen that mentioned yet. I love that feature on my Nexus 7.

It's disappointing it doesn't have an SD card slot but I'm not surprised. An SD slot might have made this tablet a must buy for me, but other than the lack of SD slot I'm happy with my Nexus 7 so most likely I'll just stick with it for a while.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
yeah, what about wireless charging??!?!

I wonder if it has Qi wireless charging. I haven't seen that mentioned yet. I love that feature on my Nexus 7.

Read the opening line in the article below..

Nexus 6 will support wireless charging | Android Central

Those not interested in reading.. The answer to wireless charging on the Nexus 9
As for the new Nexus 9 tablet, though, owners of the HTC-built slate will need to charge the old-fashioned way, as wireless charging hasn't made the jump to this larger form factor.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It's disappointing it doesn't have an SD card slot but I'm not surprised.
Not sure why everyone keeps hoping that a Nexus will feature a removable storage option. Nexus is clear cut on Cloud storage usage aside from what the device offers in terms of storage (32/64 GB)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Bummer... Still holding a few chargers from my old Droid DNA that I haven't been able to use, I guess someday I'll use them.

Edit - Maybe I'll have to get the Nexus 6 too :-!
Yeah I hear you. I think many were hoping for it but from what I know coming from the Tegra K1 NVIDIA Shield Tablet the battery life is impressive and I know NVIDIA aimed to carry this into the 64 bit version as well.

freakyhair

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why everyone keeps hoping that a Nexus will feature a removable storage option. Nexus is clear cut on Cloud storage usage aside from what the device offers in terms of storage (32/64 GB)

Because I don't use the cloud, and will try to avoid it as long as I can. Why pay for data or worry about wifi service (I have access to neither in my office) when I can transfer and store to my device once (especially for traveling/planes, etc). Memory is so cheap (IC's and SD cards). The SD interfaces are also cheap. Implementing it in to the OS isn't even that hard if they cared about it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Because I don't use the cloud, and will try to avoid it as long as I can. Why pay for data or worry about wifi service (I have access to neither in my office) when I can transfer and store to my device once (especially for traveling/planes, etc). Memory is so cheap (IC's and SD cards). The SD interfaces are also cheap. Implementing it in to the OS isn't even that hard if they cared about it.
I agree with you completely. But Google still maintains they will not have removable storage on their devices.

Ivan Shingler

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
The specs seem poor to me, I see they are not flaunting pixel density, probably because its less than n7 2013, plus a bigger screen I should imagine things are not going to look as good, 2 GB of ram, my 7 year old laptop has that amount and I find it just not jelling with me that in 2014 a tablet that should be an upgrade does not seem to be, 64 bit CPU? Only parts of the os is going to support it? Or apps? Are people really going to make a 64 bit app or will it be like PC, hardly any support for 64 bit programmes? Will it be a 64 bit CPU running 32bit programmes? If so what's the point except marketing?
No QHD display? Was expecting to be able to run two things on the screen at the same time seeing it being nearly 9 inch, oh well.

Posted via the Android Central App

Stephane Trahan

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
A few things concerns with the Nexus 9...

No. 1 - the battery life, I was expecting better
No. 2 - no Micro-SD port to expand the internal memory
No. 3 - why limit the tablet to 16g or 32g... it should be 32g or 64g with the cost of memory

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11