Nexus 9 or Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact?

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
My Z3 compact tablet sounds amazing, not experiencing the issues described here; the resolution takes some getting used to but I am liking it so far. The PS4 remote play works well, I have a Nexus 9 arriving today to compare the two and decide which one to keep.

ruhban

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I ended up choosing the Nexus 9. Its so exciting to use due to the upgrade in size - I've always had a 7 inch tablet so this full-fat experience is still new to me. In terms of the overall experience I feel that Lollipop has made me slightly question my choice even though I was so looking forward to using it.
It works great, don't get me wrong, but as is mentioned in a lot of reviews (even AC's 3 month review), the software seems to 'hang' at times. Apps can take a while to load when they're initially launched and multitasking is pretty time consuming because they take so long to move from the background.

Another quirk is that it gets hot even when I'm causally browsing. It makes me feel like I'm using way too much battery for such a simple task. It gets hotter when I carry out more intensive tasks.

The hardware, on the other side, feels sexy beyond belief to my hands. I love the cold metal's feeling when I pick it up even though it's on the heavy side compared to my little Nexus 7. The front facing speakers are great - they remind me of my PlayBook's speakers which were also amazing. They can even churn a little bass out from time to time. The camera's so-so but it's a tablet so what do you expect.

If you've got any other questions just let me know :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2