Google Nexus 9 For those of you who pre-ordered through Amazon

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Received this email from Amazon this morning. I pre-ordered 10/17, as soon as most of us discovered the links were live. On the 17th, the item was listed as a "pre-order" and that it was set to be shipped 11/3 (and 2 day shipping for Prime). However, today they have changed it to "this item has not been released." I spoke with an employee via chat to get some clarification as to what has changed since we pre-orderd and unfortunately, not a lot of information is available. She just reassured that'd I'd get it as soon as they received shipments. Well, i'd hope so. No talk about a different release date/availability date or anything. I hate when companies do this, pre-order with a solid release date and then days later decided to change that date to something unknown. I just wish it'd be a bit more clear.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on October 17, 2014 (Order# 102-0120923-0774655). The item(s) you ordered is not yet released. We will notify you of a specific delivery date when one is available.

"HTC Nexus 9 Tablet (8.9-Inch, 32 GB, Black)"

For more information about this order please visit:

http://www.amazon.com/youraccount?r...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3980911

If your shipment arrives too late, you may either refuse delivery or return it to us for a refund. For returns instructions, please visit our Returns Center at:

http://www.amazon.com/returns?ref=f...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3980911

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
http://www.amazon.com/customer-serv...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3980911
==============================
Check your order and more: http://www.amazon.com/your-account?...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3980911

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Last edited:

littleemp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: For those of you who pre-ordered through Amazon

Straight from my account order page:

Pre-ordered
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

HTC Nexus 9 Tablet (8.9-Inch, 16 GB, Black)
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
Release date: Monday, November 3, 2014

EDIT: I preordered on Oct 16th, 5 minutes after it came online. (In case that matters to you)

Last edited:

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

I received the same email this morning. I can only hope that I'm one of the lucky ones that gets it on or before the official release date. I believe it's happened before.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I also saw this change on the 2 units I have ordered (one white, one black can't decide on color). Hopefully we will get firm dates as it gets closer to the end of the month.

I wonder if mean a production issue, sales larger than anticipated, or ???.

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

Well, at least we know everyone who pre-ordered through Amazon got this email. So it has to be some sort of blanketed cover for them if there are any issues with supplies. It seems that no matter what releases, there are always supply/demand issues. We who got on the pre-order the first day or so should be fine I hope.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Yep got that same e-mail and was a little worried. The order page still says November 3rd as release, so I'm still hopeful there aren't any delays.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

Yep got that same e-mail and was a little worried. The order page still says November 3rd as release, so I'm still hopeful there aren't any delays.

I'm sure it will be available and shipped around the November 3 release date. Highly doubt there will be any delays.

J

cd419

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

I got an order update last evening for a White 32gb model that says estimated delivery date is 11/4. Placed my order on the 18th.

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

I think it is crap. If they fail to deliver because they screwed up we all should get some type of discount. I am very tempted to cancel my order with them and go threw Google. My fear is it will be over a month before I get mine. They screwed up and they refuse to own up to it.

egginator

May 24, 2010
Visit site

I ordered my white 32 GB this morning and it's coming in 11/5. The keyboard however, is a different story. My order originally also had it coming in 11/5 but now the delivery estimate is gone and after updating the shipping speed, the email says 12/5.

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

I ordered my white 32 GB this morning and it's coming in 11/5. The keyboard however, is a different story. My order originally also had it coming in 11/5 but now the delivery estimate is gone and after updating the shipping speed, the email says 12/5.

I wouldn't necessarily cancel your preorder with Amazon. You can preorder both and then cancel Amazon if the Play Store is faster. Amazon won't charge you until it ships. Cover yourself either way.

egginator

May 24, 2010
Visit site

I wouldn't necessarily cancel your preorder with Amazon. You can preorder both and then cancel Amazon if the Play Store is faster. Amazon won't charge you until it ships. Cover yourself either way.

Oh I know. It's just that I was planning on using the Nexus 9 and keyboard cover to try and replace an aging laptop I've been lugging around. Having one without the other just isn't going to work. I just hope either Bestbuy or the Play Store makes the keyboard available soon if I really can't get it from Amazon.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

One of my orders, for a white 32GB, received an updated delivery date of 11/5 with 2 day delivery. My black 32 GB still has no delivery date.

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

Amazon UK they now show as unavailable but my pre order 16gb black still shows delivery 4/11 currently.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

One of my orders, for a white 32GB, received an updated delivery date of 11/5 with 2 day delivery. My black 32 GB still has no delivery date.

Yea, it looks like the white version is still available, but the black version shows not available. Not sure what the hell is going on. Communication would be nice Amazon.

hiline

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

This is the reply I just received from Amazon. This is for a 16GB Black. Links removed because of post count.
Hello,

I apologize for any misunderstanding about the delivery estimate for your order. We rely on the manufacturer for release date information, and they've indicated that "HTC Nexus 9 Tablet (8.9-

Inch, 16 GB, Black)" will be released on November 3,2014 from the official website of HTC.

For your reference,

Availability:

The Nexus 9 comes in 16GB, 32GB and 32GB LTE models and will be available for worldwide pre-sales from the Google Play™ store beginning Oct. 17, shipping and available in retail outlets

beginning Nov. 3.

For your convenience,I've provided the link from the official website which is given below:

Once this item has been released and we receive copies, we'll be able to ship it to you. It's not uncommon for there to be a delay of several weeks between the release and distribution of a new

publication.

I've checked the

When your order is shipped, we'll send you an e-mail confirmation. We don't charge you for items until they enter the shipping process.

To help make up for the inconvenience,I've waived the $3.99 shipping charge for your order.

Once this is processed, you'll also be able to see a detailed summary here:

Although the shipping method is faster, it'll still take some time to get the item. As soon as we receive stock, we'll ship your order and send you an e-mail to let you know.

As soon as the order,entered the shipping process,we send the email about the delivery estimate date and the tracking number for the order.

If you have any further questions, please write back to us. We'll be able to assist you.

We're working hard to provide a stress-free and convenient shopping experience at Amazon.com. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in this case.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,
Deepak K.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Amazon has NEVER SCREWED UP a Preorder and I don't expect them to do that now. I received a new email this morning stating that the deliver date is Nov 4th.

cd419

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

Amazon has NEVER SCREWED UP a Preorder and I don't expect them to do that now. I received a new email this morning stating that the deliver date is Nov 4th.

That's not 100% true. Last year I pre-ordered the Asus T100 tablet and they missed the street date by a week. I ended up buying from B&H Photo as all the other retailers had sold out by the time I got a straight answer from Amazon. They told me it was shipping all the way up to the day it was supposed to arrive at my door then changed the status to out of stock.

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

I said screw it. Canceled my order for a black one and played a pre order for the white. White estimate delivery is the 5th. Black was Unknown and had not ship date. It seems according to XDA quite a few people are doing it and it changes.