Light on the bottom?

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
So the other day my N9 died (like battery completely drained) and when i plugged it in and press and released the power button, instead of seeing a battery symbol there was a bright white light that flashed three times on the lower bezel in the middle? then after a few minutes when i pressed the power button i saw the standard battery symbol. Any clues why that light is there??

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the battery is completely drained (you can't being it to zero - charging a totally discharged lithium cell can result in an explosion, so if you could discharge it far enough, there's a safety "fuse" that blows and disconnects the battery from the world - permanently), there's no guarantee what the hardware will do, because it's probably between on and off states all over the place - so it could be anything. It's why we turn electronic devices off the way they were designed to be turned off - there's no way to tell what will happen if you suddenly shut the power off. (In most cases - do that to a mainframe computer and you have a few million dollars of junk.) Pulling the battery in a cellphone is a measure of desperation, but it's still not as bad as letting the power slowly drop to nothing. (At about 3 volts, the phone isn't working - but it's not off - so it can be turning lights on and off at random, writing all over storage ... anything physically possible. Try to charge when the battery gets down to about 40% minimum for maximum battery life.)

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
ok, so thanks for the battery tips. but my question still remains....wht is that little light in the middle of the bottom bezel? I have neva seen it before

Posted via the Android Central App with my Moto X G1