Is there a way to show photos on Nexus 9 offline?

madbucky

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
ways to show photos on Nexus 9 offline

I keep my photos on Google Drive or Dropbox folders. This is really convenient on a laptop to show others since I can choose what folders to keep in sync.

But on the Nexus 9 (and other mobile devices), it appears that you can only copy files locally from Google Drive or Dropbox one by one, not an entire folder. What are some good ways to show photos offline with the Nexus (or other mobile devices)?

microSD - Good for devices with a microSD slot, but Nexus 9 doesn't have one.

USB transfer - Is there a specific folder these should be copied to work best with photo viewers?

third party apps - I think there are some third party apps that let you copy an entire folder from Google Drive or Dropbox

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: ways to show photos on Nexus 9 offline

I keep my photos on Google Drive or Dropbox folders. This is really convenient on a laptop to show others since I can choose what folders to keep in sync.

But on the Nexus 9 (and other mobile devices), it appears that you can only copy files locally from Google Drive or Dropbox one by one, not an entire folder. What are some good ways to show photos offline with the Nexus (or other mobile devices)?

microSD - Good for devices with a microSD slot, but Nexus 9 doesn't have one.

USB transfer - Is there a specific folder these should be copied to work best with photo viewers?

third party apps - I think there are some third party apps that let you copy an entire folder from Google Drive or Dropbox
Try Tool for Picasa - Google Play Store. It's been a while since I've used it; however, if I recall it does allow you to download multiple pictures or folders for offline viewing. I think the free may be limited, with further expansion in the paid version.

Let us know if you try it out and how you like it.