Nexus 9 Not Charging

garebear22

May 2, 2012
Visit site
So I spilled some water on my nexus 9 yesterday (I know, I know). I originally had some water in under the screen, which is no longer there (thank goodness) after leaving it in a bag of rice for about 15 hours. However, as I put it on the charger this morning to top off the battery (it was at 94%), I noticed after about half an hour that it hadn't charged at all, it was still at 94.

So I turned the tablet off, and plugged the charger back in, and the charging graphic came on to the screen, making me think everything was alright. I turned the tablet back on, and found that it was not charging.

So basically, the tablet says it's charging when it's off, but not when it's on. Anybody have any idea what's going on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When the tablet says it's charging while powered off, does the battery actually show that it has increased its charge level after leaving it plugged in for a couple of hours?

garebear22

May 2, 2012
Visit site
So I haven't charged it for longer than about 30 seconds under that condition, which isn't long enough to really know the answer. I'm out for the day now, but I'll try that when I get home and post my results.

Thank you for replying!

garebear22

May 2, 2012
Visit site
The battery is reporting itself to be at 100% after charging with the device off. I turned it on while on the charger, and the battery continued to charge, but when I took it off the charger, the tablet still said the battery was charging.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Strange behavior, presumably related to the water exposure. As long as it charges up and then discharges at a normal rate, I'd leave it alone. But be aware that water damage can have a delayed effect, since corrosion can slowly develop in other components.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol