Power down, then back on = Optimizing Apps. RANDOM SHUTDOWNS

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
*** Edited a bit ***
First time I've experienced this on the N9 (it happens often on my 2012 N7).
I was headed out the door this morning so I shutdown my N9. I usually power down the Nexus nine and put it in the drawer to keep it safe from little hands while I'm out.
I got in after a few hours and powered it on, it took a bit longer to boot today.
Once past the Android logo the apps had to be optimized, like first boot after receiving ART.
Anyone else ever run into this??

Also getting a lot of random device powerdowns....

Last edited:

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Power down, then back on = Optimizing Apps...

Lately I've had a lot instances where my Nexus 9 just powers down out of nowhere. I've had it power down when coming back to it after I sat it on the table for a little while and just randomly powering off in my hands while using it. Not a huge deal in either case but it is quite odd.
Stock, locked boot loader with only a couple third party apps (ebay, PayPal, ext). Not getting extremely hot either...

Anyone else experiencing little glitches like this??

Last edited:

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I am having problems with my N9 crashing very frequently ; right now can't even get it to start without crashing. Help please!

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I preformed a cache clear in recovery, that's always my first course of action when trouble rears its head.. I'm going to see if that helps if not I'll boot into safe mode and see if it's one of the few third party apps I have downloaded causing conflict.

To preform a cache clear
Power down your device, now hold down the power button and volume down until you get the little Android on his back then press power and volume up to get into recovery. Now select Wipe Cache it might take up to 5 minutes then select reboot. See if this helps.

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I preformed a cache clear in recovery, that's always my first course of action when trouble rears its head.. I'm going to see if that helps if not I'll boot into safe mode and see if it's one of the few third party apps I have downloaded causing conflict.

To preform a cache clear
Power down your device, now hold down the power button and volume down until you get the little Android on his back then press power and volume up to get into recovery. Now select Wipe Cache it might take up to 5 minutes then select reboot. See if this helps.

Thanks much! I'll try this when I get home.

fm123

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine started getting slow for awhile, then got stuck in startup screen after a power off,on which I left overnight. Then after turning it off then on again it did the app optimizing. Now it seems okay.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Seems to still be a bug in there somewhere still but that's just a guess. try a cache clear if the problems reappear later as that has really helped me - no more random shutdowns so far.
This tablet paired with 5.1.1 finally feels like the monster it should have been months ago so I'm still a happy N9 camper.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer