Nexus 9 or wait for z4 tablet

gstaniscia

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
So my old Asus tf201 finally kicked the bucket. Do I get the 9 or wait for the Sony Z4 tablet. I like the stock Android and fast updates but the Sony has a light skin over stock and great specs. Torn on what to do

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend the NVIDIA Shield Tablet over both of them, but of the two IMO the Sony is better hardware other than processor and the Nexus is better in terms of software obsolescence resistance. If it were me, I'd probably go Nexus if the Shield isn't big enough.

gstaniscia

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I like the shield but don't like the screen size. I like the bigger screen of the 9 and z4. I think I am going to eventually just have to flip a coin for all the reasons you mentioned. One day I say 9 then I read the reviews and build quality then I lean towards the z4. Hoping for some more feedback on which way to go.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I love my 9 due to stock android. That's what does it for me is stock android and the smooth performance consistency

Posted via the NOTE 4 or NEXUS 9

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
The Z4 is vastly different than the N9 so it depends on your use case. If you want a tablet experience the N9 is still the best fit IMHO, right size and features for a tablet. The Z4 is going to be a laptop experience on a tablet, which IMHO always comes off a disappointment for me because its not a laptop and not a tablet so you're left wondering what to do with it (I think the Z4 is slated to be almost 14" with 6G RAM, that's all overkill for a tablet).

If you're looking for a tablet that you will be using as a Chromebook at times then maybe a Z4 is best but for a pure tablet the N9 is it for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
So my old Asus tf201 finally kicked the bucket. Do I get the 9 or wait for the Sony Z4 tablet. I like the stock Android and fast updates but the Sony has a light skin over stock and great specs. Torn on what to do

Get the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, it is way better and more powerful then Sony Z4 tablet and Nexus 9. :)

ewak12321

Nov 13, 2013
plus.google.com
If you get any Samsung tablet you will hate TouchWiz and extremely slow updates I know I have Samsung phone and can't stand TouchWiz anymore it's not only launcher but whole experience with their modified Android version. The more pure Android the better. Those soo "cool" exclusive features from Samsung devices are limited only to Samsung crappy apps example multiwindow or air swipe .

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9295 mit Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn