Chrome still causes redraws of home

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
So before 5.1.1 it was much worse, and multiple apps caused the issues, now it just appears to be chrome but I still occasionally get home screen redraws when coming out of chrome.

Just curious if others still see this issue, I like chrome, but may be back to puffin for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Chrome was one of the best mobile browsers, it's definitely disappointing having to deal with this on a core app. Not sure I have a point, just wish the core apps would show a little more stability.

Del1701

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I see redraws quite a lot in chrome so I mainly use opera browser now, not really the experience from a premium prices tablet I was looking for 😞

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Had first few spontaneous reboots recently always when using chrome ... It seems most likely to happen when browsing webpages with "active ads" like those that cause a pop-up or have a running audio etc ...

I've gone back to Puffin Browser, but I really wish chrome browser could get its act together since I enjoy the device sync chrome browser has when logged into your Google account.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, still getting redraws as well. I love this tablet, but certain annoyances makes me want something else. I'm hoping Google fixes these redraws soon.

J