- 1,213 Posts
Did Google show us the Nexus 9 at I/O? (pics)
First of all, credit goes to this article on Ausdroid: Google may have snuck the Nexus 9 into the Google I/O keynote - Ausdroid
And in particular, this image: http://i.imgur.com/YB3309N.png
If you look at the tablet there, it looks like a generic image of a tab, but a few things entered my mind:
1. There are two actual devices there in the image: the Nexus 5 and Chrome Pixel, however they're shown next to a tablet which doesn't actually exist...
2. Why would Google put images of the Pixel and Nexus 5 and not the image of their Nexus 7 which is also a real device? Why opt for a dummy render of a device that doesn't exist?
3. The tablet is far too big to be the Nexus 7. It's absolutely not the Nexus 7.
4. I zoomed in on the image of the mysterious tablet and noticed this: http://i.imgur.com/RID9BdR.png
The render of this tablet seems to have a top-mounted, front-facing speaker. There could possibly be another one at the bottom, however it is covered by the Nexus 5.
Maybe I'm looking too far into it, but the front-facing speaker (possibly another one at the bottom) there align with the rumours of the device before I/O even happened, so there may be some weighting to the rumours: This Is Volantis, HTC's Nine-Inch Nexus Tablet
"Stereo front-facing speakers"
Have Google just shown us all a preliminary Nexus 9 render right under our noses?
- 07-01-2014, 09:56 AM #2
- 07-01-2014, 10:59 PM #3
- 1,213 Posts
Re: Did Google show us the Nexus 9 at I/O? (pics)
As you can see, if you zoom in on that picture, it clearly shows a tablet that has a front facing speaker. Could very well be a preliminary design for the Nexus 9, which is rumoured to have dual front facing speakers.
- By Smoltar in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-01-2014, 03:15 AM
- By Neibl in forum Moto X (2014)Replies: 17Last Post: 07-18-2014, 02:46 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-09-2014, 08:31 PM
- By bitek in forum Amazon Kindle Fire HDReplies: 6Last Post: 07-02-2014, 02:38 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-29-2014, 07:47 PM